An unforgivably late race report for the Kilpatricks Hill Race 2015.
I can confirm the following:
– The Kilpatricks Hill Race 2015 took place at the designated time and place.
– Wegene Tafese (Cambuslang) took first place. A classy-runner, he crossed with nary a bead of sweat on his brow, stopped for one minute and then carried on jogging, not to be seen again for the rest of the evening.
– Ruth Fraser-Moodie (Unattached) had a solid effort for 1st lady. Want to join a hill-running club Ruth?
– A fantastic 22 Westies ran. Gregor Stewart was first home in 3rd place. Val Houston was 1st Westie-woman, 1st FV50 and 5th woman. Chris Upson was 1st MV50 and 11th overall.
– The race marshals got cold and soaked but persevered admirably.
– The finish team behaved heroically in some minging conditions to get the results straight – a top effort from Jamie, Sharon and Phil.
Thanks to all the marshals and all those who took part. Another successful instalment of this classic race!