https://westerlandsccc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/FB_IMG_1549350264675.jpg 540 720 CSM https://westerlandsccc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/logo.jpg CSM2019-02-05 07:19:052019-02-06 12:06:25Meet the Westie - Leanne Cooke
* What do you call the thing you change the TV channels with? Remote control.
* Where did you grow up? West Cork, Ireland.
* Have you always been a runner? No. I graduated from a couch potato to a road runner when I was 23.
* Why did you join the best small to medium sized hill running club in Glasgow? I wanted to run Jura and need some guidance.
* Why have you stayed? For the Craic!
* How has joining Westies affected your running/health/happiness? It has helped my hill running fitness. In terms of happiness a Wednesday night run with Westies makes my heart very happy.
* What’s your favourite Westie memory? The ceilidh after the Jura Hill race.
* Bumbag or backpack? Backpack
What is your favourite race? I have two; Jura was amazing but very painful and Ring of Steall was beautiful and didn’t hurt as much.
* Which race is top of your to-do list? Jura
* Which other sports do you play or have you played? I’ve been trying to master Touch Rugby for five years.
* Can you do the splits? No
* Have you ever ridden a motorbike? Yes, but ive only been on the back of one.
* What is your favourite ice-cream flavour? Rum and raisin
* You’ve just finished a category AL race. Which junk food do you treat yourself to? Hopefully the free cakes at the end.
* What is your favourite snack to stash in your bumbag/backpack? Fig rolls
* Who is your BWFF (Best Westie Friend Forever). Isn’t John Hamer everyone’s BWFF!
* A friend is visiting from overseas. Which one place do you take them? Mull to swim with the basking sharks
* Do you have any nicknames? Nope
* Any tattoos? Nope
* Which shop would you max out your credit card in? Tiso
* If you could be any kind of pie, what kind of pie would you be? Banofffe
* What book are you reading at the moment? H is for Hawk
* What is the farthest-away place you’ve been? New Zealand
* Would you rather have a live-in massage therapist or a live-in chef? Chef
* One thing you know now that you wish you had known as a kid? The perceived barriers do not exist.
* If you could for a run out to earl’s seat with one person, famous or otherwise, who would it be? Any Westie would be great company! But if I can’t find a Westie, Emily Blunt will have to do!